Federal Skilled Worker
Federal Skilled Workers are assessed on their ability to financially support themselves and their family upon entering Canada
To qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Individual Federal Skilled Worker applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess at least one year of full-time continuous employment or equivalent, of paid work experience in the past 10 years in a recognized skilled occupation (i.e. National Occupational Classification skill lever 0, A or B); or
- Qualify for Arranged Employment In Canada supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and have received a full-time permanent job offer from a Canadian employer; and
- Pass a language ability test in one of Canada’s two official languages, English or French.
Applicants must also pass the 67 points selection criteria required by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The IRCC selection criteria is listed below.
- Education: Applicants can obtain up to a maximum of 25 points from their formal education.
- Language Skills: Applicants can obtain up to maximum of 28 total points, with 24-first their official language, 4 from their second official language.
- Work Experience: Under these criteria, applicants can obtain up to a maximum of 15 points for certain paid, skilled work experience acquired in the last 10 years. In this category, 9 points is the minimum required threshold to qualify.
- Age: Applicants can obtain up to a maximum of 12 points based on their age at the time of their application.Arranged
- Employment: Applicants can obtain up to a maximum of 10 points on the basis they have an arrange offer employment in Canada that meets certain requirements.
- Adaptability: Candidates can be awarded up to 10 points for a number of factors that show that they are adaptable to moving to Canada.
Applicants who are successful in passing the 67 points selection criteria become candidates for entry into Canada. They must demonstrate that they have sufficient settlement funds to support themselves and their dependents upon their arrival in Canada.
Further, candidates along with their dependents are required to take a medical examination and obtain security clearances (including police background checks) as part of the Canadian immigration applicant screening process.
The Government of Canada acknowledges that points awarded under the skilled worker selection system may not always accurately reflect an applicant’s chances of successfully settling in Canada. Consequently, Citizenship and Immigration Canada Officers tasked with processing applications, are authorized to use alternate methods to assess an application.
Under the policy of “substituted evaluation”, a Visa Officer is entitled to make an evaluation on the likelihood of the applicant successfully settling in Canada. The “substituted evaluation “step allows the Visa Officer to accept or reject an applicant, irrespective of how many points the applicant may have achieved.
Maja was very diligent.The procedure usually takes up the 15 months for Ukraine, but we received our answer in 7 months. She was always available. It didn’t matter if it was me asking from Canada, or when we both were asking from Ukraine. I would highly recommend her services to anyone.
Maja is very helpful and we really appreciated her promptness. Anytime we had a question whether it would be on a weekend or an odd time of day, she responded promptly with the correct information. She listens to you and works with your specific case offering several options that best suit your needs. Our case was handled professionally throughout the whole process. Our approval time was significantly shorter than the average processing time. We recommend Maja for any immigration assistance.
Maja helped us feel comfortable with the process. She was very patient and always available. Her service provided a sense of security and professionalism that we greatly appreciate. We would recommend her services to anyone. She is a genuine professional with great people skills and a special understanding of the uniqueness of individuals and their situations.
Maja helped my wife and me immensely. She took the time to truly understand all details of our situation; then organized solutions tailored to our particular needs. Also, anytime we had a question or concern, she would respond with answers in timely fashion. We would recommend her legal services to anyone.
Maja was an excellent business partner with our Macedonian church and community centre. She worked in a timely manner, was efficient and accurate in her work. The process was done in a friendly and understanding manner, Maja being a pleasure to work with. Professionalism and knowledge were always demonstrated in our endeavors. We would highly recommend her to anyone needing help. Thank you for all your kindness and the successful applications Maja!
Maya is a trustworthy and very efficient lawyer. From the moment we met her, she put us at ease and made everything very simple. She formed a plan, and followed through. Whenever we had any setbacks, she was quick to call us and keep us informed; more than that, she was quick to come up with an effective solution. We found Maya to be honest, forthright and an excellent legal counsel. We would highly recommend her services, not only for her integrity but also her efficiency. Than You so much dear Maja, for all yore hard work .
What can I say about maja she is the best of best! Maja help us every step of the way she tells you what you need to know and takes everything at once to make the process faster it took us from March to August to receive all of our documents and pr card ! I highly recommend for any immigration lawyer to contact maja !
We are beyond happy with the work Maja did for us! She was able to get my PR in less then a year. She is extremely good at her job; was always ready to answer any questions we had, and was always a phone call away when we needed her! She is very good at what she does and I would reccomend her to anyone! Thank you again Maja for allowing us to finally become a family living under one roof! We are very grateful for all the work you’ve done for us!